06 Jan What are Interpersonal Skills
Wondering What Makes Up the Gamut of Interpersonal Skills?
It’s a common question I get asked when we talk about interpersonal skills
Interpersonal skills are social skills that enable you to have positive interactions with others. Interpersonal skills show those you work and live with that you have grown and developed as a person with the skills to have a harmonious relationship. They include skills such as:
- Communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Conflict resolution
These are the skills we use every day in our work and life relationships. Developing good interpersonal skills will make you more, personable, a better communicator, and socially adept.
We offer a range of interpersonal skills training and coaching packages. If you want to succeed as a professional, you will need to identify and develop your interpersonal skills. One of the most common reasons why mid-career professionals are not successful in their careers or lose their jobs is due to poor interpersonal skills. Here are some actions to consider if you are struggling in this area:
TO DO LIST:
- Identify the skill you need to develop
- Get a good book on how to grow in that area
- Ask a family member or friend to support your growth in this area
- If you want to change faster get a coach to speed up the process
We offer a range of coaching and training on interpersonal skills. We would love to chat with you. Book a time to discuss how you can work with us here
Leave a note below to let us know if this was helpful for you.
To Your Wellness
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com