10 May The Coaching Process Umbrella
This coming week, I will be facilitating our coach training course module on the models and processes of coaching. I want to share this with you as a way to better understand the value of the coaching process, and how it all comes together for such amazing results. Often people ask me to explain how coaching works and why clients in coaching gets such great results. I like sharing how as a process, coaching works to help clients gain a deeper awareness of themselves and their actions but most importantly their thoughts. It allows them to examine the way they see and think and on what they are focusing their attention on in their lives.
I love using this coaching process umbrella diagram to help beginner coaches and my clients, gain a better understanding of just what coaching can afford them. I see the process unfolding as an agreement to increase awareness of the client goals; and all the other elements under the umbrella are geared towards a concentrated focus on those goals.
- As you reflect on the diagram above, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the number one goal in my life at this time?
- What agreement do I have with myself on attaining this goal?
- What new awareness is helping me strive to reach my stated goal?
- What new truths or discovery is yet to be discovered as I work towards this goal?
- What is my number one responsibility towards reaching this goal?
- What resources or structures are there in my life to support me in reaching my stated goal?
As you move into action steps, make a list of three things you need to do that will get you closer to reaching your goal in the next week. These do not have to be big steps, they may even be the act of writing down your stated goal and memorizing it and sharing it with someone who could hold you accountable or it may be deciding to work with a coach to help you gain clarity, focus and some decisive action steps to successfully reach your goal.
I wish you peace and wellness. I would love to hear how you are doing with your goals. I look forward to hearing from you.
Joyce Odidison is the Director of training at IWS Coaching Institute. She is also an Alternative Dispute Resolution Practitioner and author of the books “Getting Ready for Mediation, 2004 and “Interpersonal Wellness System, 2010.
Joyce is also the world’s leading Interpersonal Wellness expert, speaker, and coach, mentor who works with leaders in organizations and their employees to implement an 8 step strategy to work well, live well and play well, getting them results that last in just 2 to 8 weeks.
Joyce works with clients who want to work smarter and live well at every stage of their life success, by aligning their wellness and success, so that they have more of both. She provides her clients and audience with easy to implement strategies and tips to optimize their wellness and success.
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com