08 Sep Ten Tips for Organizational Wellness
1. Systemize! – Develop a system or multi-prong approach to organizational wellness that communicates the value of wellness to staff.
2. Empower Your Staff! – Knowledge is power! Ensure Knowledge and information is effectively managed and appropriately shared to reduce uncertainty, fear and anxiety among staff. Happy staff are more productive!
3. Introduce Flexibility! – Provide multiple options as well as coaching for staff to improve their skills, performance and productivity and reward them for achieving set goals.
4. Introduce Work Life Balance Measures! – Institute work life balance processes such as flex time and institute procedures such as life coaching to help staff cope with family needs and crisis
5. Have Adequate Professional Development – Provide adequate training in Coaching, Communication and Interpersonal conflict resolution for managers and supervisors. This will positively impact your bottom line!
6. Make Appropriate Organizational Responses – Design policies and procedures that reflect current workforce trends and effectively respond to work challenges.
7. Reduce Workplace Stress! – Institute proper measures to reduce and respond to employee disagreements and conflicts. Conflicts are going to happen!
8. Invest in Your Staff – It will be Rewarded! – Provide a properly equipped lunch area that where staff can easily fix or heat up healthy lunches and snacks! Provide subsidies for health club memberships and wellness resources and services.
9. Get Staff Involved! -Encourage staff to take quick walks at lunch to get fresh air. Studies show that employees who go outside will be more productive than those who grab a quick lunch at their desks.
10. The Individual Must Play A Part Too! –Encourage staff to develop personal wellness plans and if necessary seek wellness coaching to reduce their personal stress to resolve family and personal relationship issues.
For more information or to arrange a consultation, contact Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc.
Your Interpersonal Wellness coach at: [email protected] or phone @ 668-5283
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com