05 Mar Alignment for Success
Welcome to a Journey with Joyce
Interpersonal Wellness Tip – Alignment
Are you finding that parts of your life are not aligned as you become more successful? Is it harder to keep things in focus and to balance?
Alignment is a core element of a successful and well life. Alignment of your core values with your life principles will boost your self-confidence and help you build a solid success wellness plan. This will form the base from which to measure and define your success and wellness.
Many clients complain that the have little time care for themselves and do that things that will sustain their wellness. As a result hey spend far too much time being ill or not being at their optimal level to get maximum results. Would you prefer to schedule time off to rest and relax at your leisure or forced time off being ill? What of multiple fuggy and sluggish days this seem far less productive.
Here is how to identify your values:
- Ask yourself, what are my values?
- What are the things that are important to me?
- How do they reflect my integrity, my spirit and help to give me a sense of balance?
- How do they help to define me?
- Who do they say I am?
Those who master success without a plan to align their wellness are more prone to headaches, heartburns, indigestions and a wellness deficit that looks something like this: achievement + success = −wellness.
No more!! I want you to learn a new math that adds up like this: achievement + success = +wellness. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too! This is great math that amounts to a well balanced and full life.
It is our responsibility to manage our success well at each level so that we can enjoy success well in all areas of our lives.
Here is how you can align your core values and life principles to gain balance and a foundation from which to build your success wellness plan. Ask yourself these questions and take some time to write out a sentence or two that helps you put them together in a functional way.
- What do I need to do to reflect this value in my life? How can I renew my strength and confidence through this knowledge and practice?
- What does this value say about who I am and how can I use it to develop a vision for my wellness success and my overall quality of life?
- How can I live this value daily and how does this give me hope for the future and make my life a source of strength for others?
- What is one thing I need to stop doing to more fully reflect this value and how can I do this daily?
I would love to hear how you are building in wellness success plans that mirror your other areas of life success. Share with me on my blog. I wish you peace and wellness.
Joyce Odidison is the leading Interpersonal Wellness expert, Executive Coach and CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. Her company delivers a full spectrum of strategic services to help leaders in organizations and their employees to enhance performance to attain Diversity Integration, Conflict Management and Workplace Wellness, to improve interpersonal dynamics and reduce distractions and workplace stresses. Joyce is also the training director at Interpersonal Wellness System Coaching Institute and creator of the Wellness personal assessment tool the IWQ.
Joyce is also a speaker, coach, mentor and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practitioner. She is the author of the books “Getting Ready for Mediation, 2004 and “Interpersonal Wellness System, 2010. Joyce provides her clients and audience with easy to implement strategies and tips to optimize their wellness and success.
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com