01 Jul Solid Gold Connections
1. First it is important to know what you want in the relationship. When we are not clear on what we want we leave ourselves open to attracting things we would rather not have.
2. Identify boundaries – establish rules for your relationships. What it is you want this relationship to look like and what must be done to ensure that it meets your needs?
3. Speak up – many people keep waiting for the other person in the relationship to know their thoughts or read their mind. That is impossible. It is your responsibility to communicate in a manner that is clear, respectful and motivating, in order to get what you want from the relationship.
4. Reciprocity – It is important to consider the needs of the other person in the relationship. A relationship is supposed to be based on mutually met needs. If you want something then you should consider what the other persons needs are and whether you are willing to meet them or negotiate something more favourable.
Don’t forget, hard work and good intentions are important in creating solid gold connections. Take a look at your relationship today. Is it all that it can be? What can you do in the next 7 days to improve your relationship and optimize your connection?
Joyce Odidison, your connections coach
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com