15 Jul Module V – Coaching Versus Managing
In this module we examined the differences between coaching and managing, explored some of the challenges that often makes it easier to manage as opposed to coaching. We explored the need to help organizations make the shift from managing to coaching in their quest to develop self-correcting, and self -generating employees who are positively engaged. We also explored the various limitations to employing coaching in the organizations and practiced some innovative and creative opportunities and vehicles for coaching such as “coaching up”, integrity and planning.
1. What was most impactful for you in this module?
2. What new goals did you set for yourself in terms of coaching and managing?
3. How might you further explore the power dynamics involved in coaching up?
4. How can a deep sense of personal integrity aid you as the manager/coach?
5. As you explore the role clarification matrix, what do you consider to be its most vital function in this coaching relationship?
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com