15 Jul Module IV – Core Coaching Skills
In this module we examined some of the core skills in coaching such as: listening, attending, respecting, acknowledging, enthusing, goal setting, powerful questioning and moving clients forward. We also had lots of fun practicing and developing these skills. As we learned and experienced all our actions as coaches are directed towards our clients awareness, learning and taking responsibility.
1. What new learning have you taken away and applied from this module?
2. How will you continue to differentiate between enthusing and motivating?
3. What core coaching skill do you think may be most challenging to develop into competencies?
4. What coaching core skill are you having more opportunity to practice?
5. As you build your coaching skills, what new goals have you set for yourself?
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com