26 Nov Journey on Forgiveness
Many are unaware that forgiveness of past hurts could be the key to their moving forward and reaching their goals. The coaching process….
It is safe to say that many of my coaching clients are looking for ways to move forward in their lives, to overcome obstacles such as past hurts as they strive to grow or to set and reach new goals. Many are unaware that forgiveness of past hurts could be the key to their moving forward and reaching their goals. The coaching process provides an excellent structure to help clients assess the cause of their roadblocks and to examine issues of forgiveness and other underlying assumptions and commitments that may be holding them back. Forgiveness can set you free to do the things you desire and to have all the things you want in your life. At the same time, forgiveness can be the cause of your staying stuck. This week I want to help you to go deeper and assess what is holding you back.
Forgiveness, in the broad general sense, is the decision to move past a hurt, injustice or painful experience that has caused you anger, resentment, disappointment, frustration, betrayal or a desire for revenge. Forgiveness may also include releasing ill will towards the person or persons who caused you hurt. It is the process of ceasing to feel resentment, indignation, or anger against another person for a perceived offense. It is also ceasing to demand punishment or restitution. Is there a hurt you are holding unto? How is it affecting your work or life relationship?
- Is there someone at work whom you need to forgive?
- Is there someone in your social or family life that you need to forgive?
- What is one thing you can do this week to take you one step closer to forgiving?
- Is there someone you can talk to about how you are feeling and that might help you move toward forgiveness?
To your wellness,
Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst Coach, who is the founder of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. & Coaching Institute. She consults, teaches and coaches with mid-career professionals and organizations to improve performance, skills, competencies, and workplace wellness. She can be reached at www.interpersonalwellness.com or by phone at: 1 877 999-9591.
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com