14 Apr Handling Pressure
How do you handle pressure? Do you become hard, cold and aloof or are you using this learning time to find your best self? Often my clients complain that they have found themselves reacting to pressure in a manner that is not too pleasant. Some of us wilt; some shatter and others grow more difficult because of life pressures. From time to time it’s good to do a brief self-assessment to see where and how we are doing.
Here are five ways you can assess if you are doing well with pressure:
- Have you stopped smiling as often?
- Are you neglecting those closest to you?
- Do you take time to do things for yourself?
- Do you find time to have fun?
- Do you take time to meditate and wind down?
It’s important to know that all of us will face pressure of some sort at one point in our life. What we need to remember is that it’s okay to take a break even in the midst of the storm to refresh ourselves. Often taking that one moment away from our pressure is the key to finding that brilliant thought or break through. Of course you could also take that time off to sit down with your coach to get a fresh perspective that can help you to see things differently.
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com