13 Jun Five Skills Employees Need to Succeed in the Workplace
All employees in the workplace who want to get that raise, get that promotion, receive that bonus or still be employed after layoffs, should know their value to their employer.
This means they should demonstrate these five skills daily:
- Accountability – learn how to respond appropriately to demonstrate accountability
- Initiative – learn what taking initiative looks like for your job
- Respect – learn how some small things can make you look disrespectful
- Collaboration – learn how to work well with others and get along with them
- Engagement at Work – learn how to show passion and engagement with work
These are the top five issues we are asked to deal with for the past 20 years at Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. What we have also found is that employees are seldom given the right tools, support, and resources to improve in these areas outside a workshop or a book to read.
I have observed that mastering these skills will determine an employee’s earning, marketability, and standard of living. Some employees go on to earn six figures while those with less developed skills in these areas remain in a lower income bracket.
This summer, my team and I are working with some select employees in different regions around the globe who want to excel in these five areas. If an employee wants to get noticed at work and need the help to do so, here’s how they can participate.
We are offering specific group coaching on these areas for six weeks with a longer-term action plan, support, and exercises to help each person find their own unique path to skill excellence.
Let’s face it, most of us know what to do, we just can’t seem to do it well enough to get the results we want. This is where coaching comes in. If an employee is ready to start earning what they are worth at work, get that promotion or raise or even get picked to stay on in times of lay off, they will want to work on these skills this summer.
To learn more about helping your employee or someone you love to grow in the areas below, go here: Five Skills All Employees Should Have!
- Improving Accountability
- Taking Initiative
- Being Respectful
- Getting Along with Others
- Staying Engaged at Work
Joyce Odidison is Canada’s leading Interpersonal Wellness Skills and Founder of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. Contact Joyce to help employees and employers learn how to work well, live well and play well. Contact Joyce below to get hands-on coaching and training to standout at work or get your employees to earn you more. https://interpersonalwellness.com
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com