05 Feb Are You Living a Life of Balance?
Are you living a balanced life?
Many of us rush through our days without any focus or direction. We often forget to align our daily actions with our end goals. As a result we find ourselves overwhelmed, fearful, uncertain, angry, frustrated and disillusioned. Balance means having purpose to your life and your daily activities. It means putting first things first and it means starting with picture in mind of what you want to accomplish.
Here are some tips to help you regain balance:
- Set your intention for your day the night before and decide on the course you must take.
- Give yourself the appropriate amount of time to do tasks and remember why you need to take this action.
- Plan your meals. You are not a machine and therefore need to eat healthy nutritious meals.
- Plan your work day and plan for contingencies.
- Plan breaks and begin a habit of taking them.
- Set reminders in your phone to keep you focused on what’s important
- Begin a daily positive affirmation
Give yourself a break if you are not feeling well or need to just chill but don’t let it go on indefinitely, that’s where things begin to fall apart and balance goes out the window. Even if you are really busy, squeeze the time in for self-care, you won’t regret it.
To Your Wellness,
- Joyce Odidison is a Conflict Analyst, Speaker, Author, and the world’s leading expert on Interpersonal Wellness Competency Mindset teaching. Joyce is President & CEO of Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc. as well as founder and host of the Annual Global Workplace Wellness Summit. Joyce has authored five books and is also a Certified Coach Training Director and Founder of Coach Velocity School of Coaching. Joyce is a C-Suite level workplace wellness expert and trainer, working for over 24 years with governments, the private sector, non-profits, and post-secondary institutions struggling with difficult work relationships or stressful situations. She is host of the What’s Happening at Work podcast. Joyce can be reached at e-mail: www.joyceodidison.com or phone 1 877 999-9591 www.interpersonalwellness.com